About Us & Mission Statement
The Colima Yamaha Music School has been effectively providing music education to children of all ages since 1982. Our second school, Walnut Yamaha School of Music, was opened in 1995.
We firmly believe in the effectiveness of the Yamaha Music Education System for young beginners. These courses will not only teach your child the fundamentals of the keyboard and musicianship through singing, note reading, ear training, and keyboard playing but also help build self-esteem and increase self-confidence while fostering an understanding and love for music. We highly recommend children under 8 years old to attend Group Lessons to get a strong foundation before taking any private instrument.
Our mission is to instill in our students a deep enjoyment and appreciation of music by providing an innovative, effective, and fun music learning environment so that they may look beyond the routine practice and allow music to be a natural, constant part of their lives.
Our Teachers are specially selected for their musical and communication skills, and their love for working with children. All with strong backgrounds in Music combined with years of experience in teaching, our teachers will inspire and motivate your children.
All of our Yamaha Music Education System teachers are certified YMES instructors. Our YMES instructors undertake intensive training programs, and their work is regularly monitored. They receive ongoing YMES training and support.
Our School Policies
Our School Policy
- Tuition Fee: All tuition fees must be paid in advance and is NOT REFUNDABLE and NOT TRANSFERABLE.
- Group Tuition is charged annually. Each payment represents an installment of the annual fee.
- Private Tuition is charged monthly and must be paid in full on or before the 7th of each month.
- A late charge of $10.00 will be assessed for any payment not received by the due date, and lessons may be suspended until payment has been made.
- A $15 handling fee shall be added to all returned checks. If two returned checks are received during a year, there after all tuition payments must be made by cash or cashier’s check.
- Extra fees may be charged from time to time, with advance notice, to cover costs for special concerts, recitals, skill survey, grade exams and/or supplemental materials. Recitals are held every month at our school, and also two annual recitals at a big performance hall.
- In some cases, teachers may be absent due to emergencies and other various reasons, therefore the school will provide a substitute teacher when necessary. Students must attend their scheduled lesson time and there will be no credit from the tuition fee in this case.
- Withdrawals - The customer agrees to provide the school with a 2-week advance written notice when withdrawing their students from a class. No refund will be issued for any remaining class sessions. Credit can be given for certain important situations, which is to be evaluated with the receptionist, and the credit will expire 3 months from the date given. No refund will be issued for any remaining class sessions.
- Diamond Bar and Walnut Yamaha Music Schools reserves the right to terminate a student if he/she is disruptive or prevents the teacher from teaching. The school is not responsible for children leaving the building unattended.
- The school reserves the right to reschedule, regroup, discontinue classes, or reassign teachers as deemed necessary.
Group Class Policy
- Only enrolled students and/or a parent may attend the class sessions.
- There is no reduction, credit or refund in tuition for missed lessons.
- Group tuition/credit cannot be transferred to Private tuition.
- If a student is absent once, your teacher will notify concerning the assignment and/or another class of similar level may be arranged for the student to attend if available. Reservations for make up class must be made with front desk.
- If a student is absent twice or more in consecutive weeks OR in some cases there is not another class at the same level, one 30 minute private tutor lesson will be given for every 2 lessons missed. NO CREDITS WILL BE GIVEN.
- If a student is absent for more than one calendar month, he/she may be withdrawn from the class. If tutor lessons are necessary to return to the class, a fee will be charged for those lessons at the regular private rate.
Private Class Policy
- The school requires notice of at least 24 hours before the scheduled lesson time. Absences with less than 48 hours notice will be required to pay for that missed lesson.
- Only one make up lesson is permitted for every 3 months. Make up lessons must be coordinated with the teacher. If a makeup lesson is scheduled, and the student is absent from the makeup lesson, another makeup lesson will NOT be permitted.
- There is no deduction or credit from the tuition fee for missed lessons. Tuition must be paid in full each month, before the 7th of every month.
- Students are expected to attend all school events and are required to perform at least 2 times in our small recitals and in our Annual Recital.
- Masterclasses: We recommend that students attend at least 2 of our master classes per year; private students are required to attend 1 Masterclass per year.